Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Looking Back on 2013 to Look Forward to 2014

As I started to make a list of New Year's resolutions and things I'd like to accomplish in 2014, I found it impossible to do without first looking back on everything that happened in 2013. Getting personal, I thought I'd share a few:


January: I rang in the New Year with my favorite guy and some friends in Boston.

February: A month full of snow. From blizzard Nemo dumping feet of snow on Boston to traveling up to Maine for a weekend with friends, snow was definitely the theme.

March: St. Patty's Day came and went and I had the chance to catch up and celebrate our heritage with a great friend from college!


April: The Boston Marathon bombings happened and the city banded together to help those in need. Being at the Red Sox game after they caught the pair was a priceless, emotional experience.


May: Ended the month on a high note traveling to Paris, France with the BF. Tried escargot, drank lots of wine and saw all of the sights.


June: On the tail end of the trip, spent the first few days of June in Rome gorging on food & each day not coming any closer to learning how to navigate the city on foot.


July: Spent several lazy summer weekends on the Cape swimming, kayaking & grilling.


 August: Spent a perfect weekend on Nantucket with friends and can't wait to go back to the island next summer. I, the least animal loving person, held a teacup pig for the first (and probably the last) time after a friend bought one in August. And finally, Why Not? Not Why was born.

September: Ventured back to Holy Cross for some tailgating and the Holy Cross homecoming football game.


October: Celebrated the wedding of one of the sweetest couples I know and got to see another part of the country with my bf.


November: Annual turkey trot and Thanksgiving on the Cape with my cousin from California and great neighbors.


December: The most wonderful time of year. I took a lot of time off from work and enjoyed the holidays with loved ones. To end the year, I watched Holy Cross hockey play in a Frozen Fenway game.


What did you do in 2013? Hope everyone had a great year and can now look forward to 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment