Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Blogger Confessions: I Learned Something New Tuesday...About Myself

I've been tagged by Lindsay over at Wedding Rings to Teething Rings for a blogging confession and Q&A! 

When did you first start blogging and why? 
I first started blogging in August 2013 after having a "why the h*ck* not" moment. I decided to stop making excuses for not giving certain things a try and decided to take the plunge. I've always enjoyed writing and blogging seemed like a good place to start. 
So this happened...

Have you had any past online presence?
Other than Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & Pinterest...no.

When did you become serious about your blog? 
Define serious. I blog more for myself and my own sanity (which I take very seriously) than anything else. In terms of consistently posting and working on more of a theme, then I'd say it's been a new year's resolution for 2014. 

What was your first blog post?
A rant on why life's too short to ask "why?" rather than "why not?" which will enlighten you here

What have been your biggest challenges blogging? 
Thinking of new ideas for posts and then actually finding the time to try all of the recipes and DIY projects that I want to write about.

What is the most rewarding thing about blogging? 
Every time someone 'Likes' a post on Facebook or comments on a post I get excited knowing that maybe I've helped someone plan a meal or inspired them in some way. 

What is the most discouraging thing about blogging?  
When I see something on another blog that I want to incorporate on mine but I can't figure out the technical aspect. I spend a lot of time Googling.  

What is your lasting inspiration or motivation? 
Whenever I ask myself if it's worth continuing, I just ask myself "Why Not?"

What is your blogging dirty little secret? 
It's not a secret if I tell you.

What is your current goal as a blogger? 
Ultimately, I'd love to have the blog grow and use it as a tool to get a job in a different industry.

Have you learned or become passionate about anything through blogging that caught you by surprise? 
I've come to the realization that I really like taking pictures...even if it is just with my iPhone at this point. I'd like to ultimately get a nice camera and learn more about photography.

Thanks for tagging me, Lindsay! Now I'm tagging Lacey at Was it a Good Idea..., and Emily at The Wonderful World of Miss Emily Wright.

4 comments:

  1. Q&A's like this are a great way to get to know the writer. I also want to grow my blog, I totally understand and I also have a hard time getting ideas for post. I carry around a small notebook so if i have an idea at any point I can put it down!

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kailagh! I love the idea of carrying around a small notebook to keep track of ideas. I carry such an oversized purse around it'd be easy to throw a notebook in :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck growing your blog! It's what I am trying to do too, and it's not easy, but it'll be worth it! Don't worry, I spend an awful lot of time on google trying to figure out technical stuff too. Thank goodness for google!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness is right! It's encouraging to hear I'm not alone with that stuff! Thanks for stopping by! I'm checking out Annabel & Alice now :)

      Delete