Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Appreciate What You Have

There will always be someone who has more than you and there will always be someone who has less than you. 

I was prompted to think about this today - September 11. A day the world will never forget. A day loved ones were lost and heroes emerged. I have so much to be grateful for and events, such as September 11, certainly help to put things in perspective. 

I can't even fathom how people dealt with the loss of family and friends through that tragedy. Having two parents who were diagnosed with cancer - one while I was in middle school and one right after I graduated college - makes me so incredibly thankful to have them in my life. I don't know what I'd do without my family. I know it might sound cliche but there are no words to describe how much they mean to me.

Health, a home, happiness, a great education, employment, friends to name a few more. I'm lucky.




So thank someone today. Tell someone how much they mean to you and put a smile on their face. Why wait until it could be too late? 

No comments:

Post a Comment