Monday, November 11, 2013

How To Tell When It's Time To Unplug

...I forget my phone at home while running errands, or worse, going to to work.
I like to think that I'm not one of those people who's glued to technology but that's hard to believe when the truth is that I feel bare without my phone. And, truth is, I'm so addicted that I even changed the time on my phone to get more Candy Crush lives last night (I had to play) & was confused to find my watch 30 minutes behind all morning.


Here are some signs it might be time to take a technology timeout:

[[1]] The above happens. You're crazy enough to change the time on your phone - and forget you did it - to play an addicting little game. Unless you're looking for ways to get yourself into the office early, you (and by you I mean I) should probably lay off it.

More than 8 minutes left til my next life?!

[[2]] Your cellphone battery is drained by the time you're ready for an afternoon coffee. You found a million reasons why you had to refresh your Twitter/Facebook feed on your phone under your employer's radar...there may have been a few selfie Snapchats in the mix to show how miserable cube life is. But now the red battery icon is glaring at you.

[[3]] You're always on the defensive in terms of how long it takes you to respond. Someone simply asks you if you got their text or email (because you didn't respond) and you immediately jump down their throat on the defensive. You likely saw it immediately (you're glued to your phone after all) and completely forgot...which is totally fine but in a world where we're glued to technology, it's hard to believe you never actually saw it.

[[4]] The excuses just start rolling off your tongue. Not just defensive excuses to combat #3...but excuses why you always need your phone. Are there that many people really trying to reach you all day, every day? It's not just what if something happens to me and I need to contact someone...it's what if something happens to someone else and they need to contact me?! If you really think about it, we're all being pretty ridiculous.

[[5]] You check your phone and answer phone calls in completely inappropriate settings. I make calls at work frequently and can't believe people actually answer the phone at such inopportune times. I have called people (and they answered) while they were in the middle of a massage, driving a tractor, getting in the shower and in the middle of a meeting. Don't even get me started on people who talk while going to the bathroom.

If any of the above sound familiar to you then I have one question, why not leave your phone behind for a day?

P.S. Does anyone have any tips to get past level 147??? I mean.. JK

P.P.S. I haven't used it but click here for some Candy Crush cheats

No comments:

Post a Comment