Thursday, November 28, 2013

10 Of The (Less Obvious) Things I'm Thankful For

With it being Thanksgiving, it only seemed fitting to make a list of all the things I'm thankful for in my life. We covered the basics as a family giving thanks for being together for the holidays; having a warm meal on the table (today & every other day); a roof over our heads & gas in the car. Material things like clothing & immaterial things like love that I sometimes take for granted a little more often than I'd like to admit.

Those are some of the many reasons that readily come to mind when I think about all that I have to be thankful for. That being said, I wanted to share some of the less obvious things I'm thankful for just to keep it interesting around here.

source
[[1]] Pumpkin beer coming out in August - I welcome any extra months to drink it

[[2]] The "Do Not Disturb" button on my phone at work for those mornings I'm just not feelin' it

[[3]] Snapchat: a creative way to keep in touch with friends around the country since I'm horrible at picking up the phone

[[4]] My parent's Comcast password: so I don't have to pay for all of the premium channels and I can keep up with shows on the go

[[5]] The snooze button: because I will never be a morning person and I will continue to snooze my alarm 4-5 times a morning

[[6]] 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner: I just don't have the time to shampoo and condition after snoozing my alarm 5 times in the morning

[[7]] Text message/email (or any form of communication that's not a phone call)

[[8]] Avocado: I could put it on anything from burgers to eggs

[[9]] The little old man & his wife who vacuum our apartment building entryway and take the trash out to the street each week

[[10]] Listen to YouTube: so I don't have to spend my money paying Apple for individual songs to update my playlists

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! As I read this morning, "it's not what's on the table, it's who's around the table" today!

No comments:

Post a Comment