Friday, October 4, 2013

Boston Bucket List

Going into my fourth year in Boston and, self admittedly, I find it easy to get into a rut sometimes. I can be too quick to be of the "been there, done that" mindset and I have to remind myself that there's so much more left to see, do and accomplish in this big, little city.

Oftentimes, I think of something great and then the next day I can't for the life of me recall what my idea was...other than that I thought it was great. Since that's not very helpful, I've decided to make a "Boston Bucket List" and have listed a few ideas below so I remember to take advantage of all the city has to offer.


lucy Light Forest : This just jumped to the top of my list since it's only in Boston for a week! It's described as an "interactive light and sound experience created to celebrate movement and the women who love it" and free exercise classes are scheduled to be held along the Esplanade.


SoWa Open Market : You just can't go wrong with food trucks, a farmers market, indie designs and jewelry. Touted as the "hip and happening place to be on Sundays" on their website, I seriously feel like I'm missing out. I've checked out the SoWa Vintage Market in the off months but I need to clear a Sunday before the end of October to visit this outdoor market.


Swan Boat Ride : Can I really even say I'm from Boston if I've never taken a ride around the Boston Public Garden on a swan boat? I don't need the history that a duck tour would give me at this point, I just want a pretty ride and I think I can swing the $3 cost.


Late night movie at Coolidge Corner Theater : One of my favorite memories was seeing the Big Lebowski at midnight with my cousin in an old theater in California when I was younger. I think it's time to catch another classic at a different, charming old theater.


Concert at the Hatch Shell : So I've missed my chance this season to catch a show at the Hatch Shell but I'm keeping it on here for next summer. I see it as similar to the Comcast Center minus the nightmare of a time trying to get out of the parking lot to drive home.


So who's coming with me?! Comment and let me know what I'm missing and need to add to my Boston Bucket List - I know there's a lot!


via Google

2 comments: