Saturday, February 1, 2014

Simple Craft for a Long Distance Valentine

My boyfriend currently lives 2+ hours away in a different state and while the distance is certainly doable it does make seeing each other often a bit more challenging than if he was right down the road. Add in his busy law school course work, my work schedule and weekend commitments and it's easy to understand the saying "absence makes the heart grow fonder."

I try to send funny cards when I can but for Valentine's Day I wanted to send something a little more fun to open. Besides, I usually spend 30 minutes in the card aisle at CVS and still end up walking away with a card that I don't actually find that funny or that is way too sappy. For this project, I'm keeping it simple and sending all of these reasons he means so much to me on little heart cut outs.

What you need: construction paper in shades of reds, pinks and purples; heart stencils; scissors; colored pens and a box.


On shades of red and pink construction paper, cut out an assortment of different sized hearts.


On each heart, write one thing you love/like/admire about your significant other. I went for a mix of serious and sily to keep it interesting.


Fill the box with all of the hearts - the more the better - so your loved one has a great surprise to open when they all spill out. I plan on including my peanut butter pretzel treats in the box (recipe here) as an added bonus.

Hope you all enjoy your Valentine's Day with loved ones near or far! 

5 comments:

  1. This is adorable!! Long distance can be so hard :/ did it for a while also. I would love and be so excited if I got this

    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg - I love your creativity for a long distance relationship. I bet you could probably do something like this for our soldiers overseas too! Thank you for linking up at the Peace, Love, and Chocolate party and for your support. Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family lives far away and this would be a fantastic idea for my nieces and nephews! Thanks for sharing. Visiting via "Sweetheart Blog Hop"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. Anyone would love to open a box of love! Dee :)

    ReplyDelete